As of January 2020, there are at least 160 million social media accounts from Indonesia. On average, Indonesians spend 8 hours on the internet every day (We Are Social, 2020). Not only among peers, but interaction via digital platforms also extends to a more formal matter, such as applying for jobs or communicating in a professional setting.
So, what are the ethics on the internet?
- Respect the privacy, time, and dignity of others
- Believe that online courtesy is similar to what we have in real life
- Be open-minded to multiple perspectives and cultures
- Respect intellectual property;
- Understand that things you upload to the internet will stick as your digital footprint
- Balance real and digital social connections
Buku Kerangka Literasi Digital
It’s between you – Care
It’s between you – The Trip